When you need a legal translation
Almost any relations between state institutions, companies and private entrepreneurs, as well as interaction of individuals with them is accompanied by studying and preparation of documents. Such documents may contain norms and requirements, regulating relations of the parties, and document the results of such relations. We can provide an example of concluding deals and agreements with foreign partners, purchase of immovable property abroad, participation in court proceedings, provision of legal aid according to international conventions and many others. Related documents contain large volume of information in the field of legislation and law.
Azbuka Legal Translation Agency works with any legal texts.
Jurisprudence is one of the most complicated and time-consuming, but also popular translation fields. Thanks to our department of legal translations, people residing in different countries and speaking different languages, as well as organizations located on different sides of a state border, has an opportunity to exchange documents and information of legal character.
Legal translation is the translation of such documents as:
- laws, statutes and regulations;
- constitutional and corporate documents of legal persons, contracts and agreements;
- procedural documents (claims, minutes of court proceedings and other);
- special literature on jurisprudence;
- various certificates, powers of attorney and other.
To work with similar materials a translator must know perfectly languages used in this project, correctly use field vocabulary, and to have knowledge about work of legal system of states, to the jurisdiction of which the documents relates. Moreover, a translator must know all aspects of written language, used in legal and legislative documents with all its template constructions and language cliches.
While performing legal translations careful attention should be paid to such aspects:
- use of specific legal terms for their intended purpose, and selection of the closest analogue of the term in the target language when identifying “problem” multiple-meaning term or if any term (or its part) is absent in the legal system of one of the countries;
- correct use of Latin terms, cliche phrases, complex grammar constructions and bulky phrases, that are very seldom in everyday speech.
Based on this, we can say that in legal translation it’s extremely important to reproduce form and meaning of any article/clause of the text being translated with the maximum accuracy, as inaccurate translation of a legally relevant text and even the slightest discrepancies in interpretation of special terms can have long-term negative legal consequences. A translator must be very scrupulous and knowledgeable in the field of legislation and law of both domestic legislation and legislation of the country, where the document has been prepared.
When working on the translation of legal texts, various agreements or powers of attorney, specialists of Azbuka Translation Agency check the translated text with thematic dictionaries, glossaries and other legal and court documents or specialized publications, as well, if necessary, they consult with practicing lawyers. Such consultations and further corrections of the completed translations allow maximum accuracy and optimal adaptation of any legal text to the current legal norms of a certain state.
Quality assurance of legal translations
Azbuka Translation Agency guarantees its clients a professional approach to work with any legal texts as well as confidentiality of your data, we obtain while working on your order. Each translation is thoroughly proofread in order to ensure consistency of terminology and correspondence of the text with peculiarities of legal system of the country, where the document will be used.
Contact Azbuka Translation Agency and make sure that we provide quality translations.
We work with documents of all types from paper-based texts, scans of documents, to electronic documents of various formats.
What is a Certified Translation?
Certified translation (notarized translation) is a translation of the document performed by a translator and with affixed the seal and signature of a notary.
Notarization of document translation is required in order to use a translation of official document issued in one country, in a foreign country, or for similar use of a foreign official document in Ukraine.
Notarized translation is required for making documents of individuals and legal entities legally valid. At that according to article 79 of Notaries Act of Ukraine:
“A Notary confirms correctness of document translation from one language to another, if he or she knows corresponding languages. If a Notary doesn’t know corresponding languages, document translation can be performed by a translator, authenticity of whose signature is certified by a Notary.”
Stages of Certified Translation
In real life it’s quiet hard to find translators with a diploma of a lawyer, being practicing notaries. For this reason the procedure of translation notarization includes several stages:
- At first a translator with a specialized higher education translates the document from/into a target language, executing it in accordance with a standard pattern and then he or she signs it in the presence of a notary. This signature means that a translator is responsible for accuracy of translation of information, contained in the original document. Moreover, a translator must also certify that he or she has necessary expertise by providing his/her diploma of higher education with obtaining “translator” qualification.
- Then a notary confirms authenticity of the translator’s signature affixed on the completed translation and his/her qualification, and then the notary enters personal data of the translator into a notarial register.
Document Translation to be Certified by a Notary’s Seal
DOCUMENTS OF INDIVIDUALS
- certificates (of birth, marriage, marriage dissolution, death, surname change and other)
- documents issued by educational establishments (high school diploma with supplement, diploma of higher education with supplement, certificate of enrollment, extract from a register of a student’s academic performance)
- employment documents (work record card, certificate of employment, certificate of income and other)
- documents issued by bank organizations (statement of account, certificate of movement of cash, account opening confirmation and other)
- documents issued by notaries (power of attorney, statement of consent, vital records certificates, statements of marital status, statement of consent for travel abroad of a minor child and other)
- procedural documents (court judgments, certificates, issued by judicial authorities…)
- documents issued by internal affairs bodies (for example, certificate of (no) criminal record)
- personal documents (passport, driver’s license, pensioner’s identity document, military registration card).
DOCUMENTS OF LEGAL ENTITIES:
- charters of companies, memoranda, minutes of meeting of members, declarations, extracts from registers kept by the state registration authorities, certificates issued by tax control bodies and other.
- licenses and various powers of attorney
- financial reports
- accounting documents
- international agreements, contracts and so on.
If you need a notarized translation, you should consider peculiarities of this service.
FIRST OF ALL, you should keep in mind that various institutions have different requirements of as to the execution of documents. Due to this, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND you to study the requirements as to the execution of documents of an institution where you plan to submit your documents, and ONLY AFTER THAT you should order notarized translation in our agency. Moreover, don’t forget that requirements of state authorities often change. For example, if you’ve already ordered a notarized translation a half a year ago, and now you need it again, you should inquire a corresponding authority about current requirements as to the execution of documents.
Of course, we’ll be glad to inform you about all rules for execution of documents known to us, however, we can’t inform you about all peculiarities of acceptance of documents by all institutions.
Translations of private correspondence, various publications and other informational materials are confirmed only by a STAMP OF A TRANSLATION AGENCY.
STAMP OF A TRANSLATION AGENCY affixed to a document is usually required when submitting a procedural request to an embassy of a foreign state with the purpose of obtaining tourist, visit or business visa.
Azbuka Translation Agency provides the whole range of services on notarial translation, including translation of a passport, in the following cities of Ukraine: Kyiv, Kharkiv, Lviv, Dnipro, Odessa and other regional centers and major cities of our country.