Procedure for Discovery of Documents
Discovery of documents is the procedure of issuance and getting duplicate copies of documents issued by state bodies. Such duplicate copies are requested for replacement of the lost document, and for getting a second copy for their further submission upon the request.
Information on all the documents, issued to such person, is kept in the database or register of an issuing authority, for example, in the civil register, archive of the Ministry of Justice and other, and copies of such documents having full legal force may be received upon request.
There is no single body that discovers documents. Documents can be discovered by such person, who wants to get a copy of the document, or organization authorized by him/her.
Institutions Issuing Duplicate Copies
Within the territory of Ukraine, CIS countries and some foreign countries being signatories of Convention on Legal Aid and Legal Relations in Civil, Family and Criminal Cases dated 1993 or Convention on Civil Procedure dated 1954, documents are discovered in the following bodies:
Civil Registry Offices:
- Birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate;
- Name, surname or patronymic change certificate;
- Divorce certificate;
- Death certificate;
- extracts from archives, including archival documents issued in the USSR.
- health report;
- certificate of vaccination;
- certificate of clearing the medical commission.
- university diploma or secondary professional education diploma;
- high school diploma.
Organs of the court:
- court decision.
Internal affairs bodies:
- certificate of no criminal record.
What Is Required for Discovery of Documents?
You can discover documents by yourself, but most people prefer to save time and energy by authorizing another person or specialized organization to discover documents on his/her behalf. Within the territory of Ukraine you can contact our translation agency that can provide you such service, or a legal firm.
If you decided to entrust this work to professionals, you will have to provide:
- copy of the corresponding document;
- information about the person, on whose name the original has been registered;
- name of the institution, where the document was obtained, date of its issue;
- you’ll also have to complete a power of attorney in the name of company’s employee, who will represent your interests.
Azbuka Translation Agency has been providing services on discovery of documents for more than 10 years that is why we can guarantee you maximum result and strict confidentiality of your personal data.