Translation of a Birth Certificate
People need translation of personal documents due to different reasons, but as a rule, translation of documents is required when traveling abroad. Purposes of the visit can differ, and for each of them a set of certain documents is required.
Translation of a birth certificate is often ordered when a person plans a trip abroad for a child under 14 years of age, as in this case his or her birth certificate is the primary identity document. Moreover, certified translation of a birth certificate is required:
- when executing a statement of consent for temporary residence, residence permit, citizenship of another state;
- when obtaining visa for entry a foreign state, if it’s required by the procedure;
- when contracting a marriage abroad.
Of course, translation of a birth certificate doesn’t require a translator to have such high qualification as the translation of specific texts. Nevertheless, a translator is responsible for correctness of each letter in the translation. Apart from translating texts, the primary task of which is the correct conveying of the meaning, when translating personal documents, its format and exact matching to the original text are also very important.
A minor mistake or a misprint may cause negative consequences that in best possible case will lead to making corrections to the translation and repeated certification. In more complicated situations, due to translator’s mistake documents, submitted to a foreign institution, will be denied, the applicant loses his/her money and time, as well as chance to enter a higher educational establishment this year. The key to a great result is translator’s experience, his/her professionalism, knowledge of nuances of laying out document translation and typical requirements of different authorities.
Rules for translation of a birth certificate
- The complete document must be translated, with translation of texts of seals, stamps, signatures of authorized persons, holograms, bar codes, and other elements;
- Structure of the translation must match the original;
- A translator agrees transliteration of names and surnames with the customer before he or she starts the work. If a client has an international passport, a translator uses transliteration of name and surname provided in it, otherwise, name and surname are transliterated according to the official rules;
- In most cases notarization of the translation is required, though sometimes certification with a stamp of a translation agency is sufficient.
Advantages of work with Azbuka Tranlsation Agency:
- Experienced and qualified employees guarantee you the quality of the translation.
You can get a certified translation within a day.